The A Bit Hippy Philosophy is Simple.
Effective, Vegan Skincare that's natural and Aussie made, free from cruelty, suspect chemicals and bad vibes.
Natural Ingredients are usually better for us and the environment. But choosing natural ingredients must be done using solid evidence, not just hype. So, what do we mean by 'natural'? Your hippy goodies are made using ingredients derived from nature - because they're also Vegan-friendly, those ingredients are plant-based! As a natural skin care company, we have consciously ditched the suspect ingredients that are often found in commercial skin care products (although we're stoked to see more and more companies starting to ditch them too!).
Our list of free-from is huge... we wouldn't put these ingredients on our loved one's skin or in the environment so they're not in our stuff;
- Synthetic Preservatives such as Phenoxyethanol, Parabens, or Formaldehyde Donors.
- Sodium Laureth Sulphate (aka - "SLS", "SLES", Silicone) or other harsh cleansers.
- Paraffin Oil (Mineral Oil) - this is a petroleum-based oil, that is not only bad for your aura, but it can also make skin feel smothered, as it coats a layer of oil over your skin.
- Synthetic Vitamins & Artificial colours
- 100% no animal by-products or animal testing - we only test on fellow hippies, we shower our animal friends with cuddles, not cosmetics!
Instead we use plant derived alternatives like;
- Hops Extract! It's a very effective, natural preservative and has been independently tested!
- Combining small amounts of plant-based cleansers derived from coconut & glucose, giving you a clean feeling without the harshness or irritation.
- Coconut, Sweet Almond and Starflower Oils are among the many natural oils we use instead of Mineral Oils.
Why are we just ‘a bit’ hippy?
Well, that’s ‘cause we like to use science to concoct ingredient combinations that take care of us and the environment, based on solid evidence not hype. Plus, we like to feel clean and smell nice too!
Going from commercial skin care to a fully natural and plant-based option may bring some challenges or unfamiliarities. Don't forget, we're always here to answer any questions and help guide you in your journey to becoming a bit hippy. Feel free to drop our Gurus a line anytime, join our Social Media Community and don’t be a stranger ♥